A LOOK BACK: OUR SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES
1) Online Academy: When we launched SeekersGuidance, we told you our Online Academy was our main focus and by the Grace of God we have experienced great success in developing our Online Academy. We have:
- Over 5,000 student registrations in both of our Knowledge WIthout Barrier quarters
- Taught over 25 unique classes.
- Given a platform to 10 unique and talented teachers from across the Western world
2) Answers: Our interactive platform for fielding people’s questions has been a staff favorite at Seekers Guidance because it really puts the common Muslim in contact with the scholars in a judgement free environment. We have:
- Answered over 5,000 questions
- Built a searchable online database with over 750 searchable answers and 1,000 more on the way with our web relaunch
- Trained 5 young scholars on answering community questions in an effective, comprehensive, and comforting manner
3) Retreats: Our yearly retreats have become the place where many of our students interact and meet and build their bonds. We have:
- Hosted 4 retreats in America and Australia
- Served over 700 students
- Taught over 20 classes
In addition to these significant accomplishments we have launched SeekersCircles, maintained an award-winning blog, hosted over a dozen webinars, and produced regular webcasts!
WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP
SeekersGuidance started as a 100% volunteer organization and until the beginning of 2011 only had 2 paid part-time staff members. We are proud of our volunteer base and aspire to keep our General and Administrative rates below 10% but we need your help to bring on key staff and take our unique program proposition to the next level!
A NOTE ON OUR ORGANIZATIONAL MODEL
The SeekersGuidance team believes education should be accessible to everyone. In the past we have not had to do very much fundraising because our online academy generated enough revenue on a semester-to-semester basis to stay afloat, just barely, as a relatively smaller operation. We have decided to open the floodgates of learning and offer our educational services for free. We are going to prove that this is a sustainable model with your generous donations and the Grace of Allah.
THE FUNDING WE NEED AND WHERE THE MONEY WILL FLOW
We are asking that our long-time supporters make a commitment to us as 2011 comes to a close. We need to grow our regular contributors list to $15,000 and attract an initial capital outlay of $40,000 to get SeekersGuidance off to a good start in 2012. Please make a commitment to SeekersGuidance today, spread the word, and continue to support SeekersGuidance!
- Online Academy $57,400
- Seminars/Webinars $10,950
- Answers Service $20,000
- SeekersCircles $2,600
- Personnel $84,000
- Total Program Costs $174,950
GENERAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
- Office and IT Costs $6,200
- Accounting and Legal Services $3,755
- Personnel $24,000
- Total G&A Costs $33,955
- Advertising/Graphic Design $4,000
- Printing/Letters/Postage Costs $6,000
- Total Fundraising Costs $10,000
Total Budget Needs $218,905